Preparing inmates to – Get out and Stay out!
A two week program teaching individuals how to obtain and maintain gainful employment and how to manage the money they will earn.
Individuals will learn how to:
* Ace the job interview by -
- Learning how to properly fill out job applications
- Learning how to create or update a resume
- Being prepared to clearly and succinctly answer common interview questions with confidence and skills
- Learning what types of work attitudes employers are looking for, such as:
* Goal-setting and problem-solving skills
* Team-building and interpersonal communication skills
* Conflict resolution skills
In addition individuals will learn:
- How to answer questions about their felony open and honestly
- How to create an open and honest cover-letter that addresses the felony conviction
- About the federal income tax credits and federal bonding available to employers who hire felons
* Manage money and income so they don’t enter the “black hole of debt” by:
- Learning a simple way to save money from each paycheck
- Learning an easy system for paying bills on-time
- Learning how to keep a checking account balanced
- Learning how to obtain and maintain good credit history
* Class size is strictly limited to 12 individuals
* Class meets Monday through Friday 11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
* Class location: 2400 S. 11th (11th & Lake) Lincoln, NE